Premier Language is an ever expanding business. Our work centres on the needs of our clients and the quality they have come to expect from us. For this reason, we are always looking to expand our extensive translator database with new specialists.
We have several criteria that need to be filled in order to uphold our quality expectations so please consider these when applying to work for Premier Language.
- We require you to be mother tongue in the target language you are applying for. This must also be locale specific so please specify which language locale you speak on your application.
- You must have proven records of work completed with UK based agencies. This means providing reference names or letters. We do of course understand that new and upcoming translators may not have this experience so please get in contact and we’ll have a chat about how to proceed.
- You must have a defined specialism. Although most translators are able to work with many ‘general’ documents, we would not expect you to be a specialist in many areas; legal, medical and business translation for example. Please define these specialist areas upon application.
- Although rates vary within the industry on a project-project basis, we always aim to meet your payment expectations so please define the rates for each service you provide.
- We mainly pay invoices via PayPal so please ensure you have an active PayPal account. If this is a problem in your country, please let us know and we will organise an alternative method of payment. This will never be via Western Union or Cheque.
At Premier Language, we believe in giving everyone a chance and even if you do not meet all of the criteria above we would still like to hear from you to discuss what you can offer us and what we can offer you. In some cases, we may ask you to perform a short sample which will be reviewed by one of our highly experienced reviewers. We are also able to provide information regarding where you can go for training and to gain experience.
As well as positions for freelance linguistic work, we occasionally have requirements for out of house project managers. If you have project management experience and would like to be a candidate for such positions please do apply. These positions will sometimes require travel around your country in order to perform market research and you will also be required to meet with the Premier Language project management team and a freelance team where appropriate to be briefed on the project.
Premier Language is based in Reading and London UK and we always have room for new and innovative members of staff. Whether you’re an experienced sales manager or a confident spokesperson, we will welcome you into the team.
To be part of the sales team, you would require a confident telephone manner and an understanding of the translation industry as well as the financial outlook. As much as sales experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as you will be provided with comprehensive sales training course and will learn from our existing sales team during your probation period.
We also have positions available for contract project managers and project coordinators. To apply for a project coordinator role, you must have an exceptional level of organisation to keep up with the constant supply of translators, an understanding of Microsoft Office packages and the confidence to learn new skills quickly. You must be within commutable distance of Reading and London.
To qualify for a contract project manager position, you must have a proven record of project management experience and proof of positive outcome and returns within these positions. You will be required to come into the Reading and London offices on an occasional basis so commutable distance would be preferable.
9 February 2012
Facebook pages and Twitter feeds are becoming incr ...
9 February 2012
Private sector companies in the healthcare industr ...
- more news